If you have Automatic Client Site Push configured on SCCM it will install the Configuration Manager client on all of the machines targeted. From the GUI you can only select between Servers and Workstations.
How to resolve:
- Logon to the SCCM Server
- Navigate to the following registry entry on the server:
- Double click on “ExcludeServers”
- Enter the name of the machine(s) you would like to exclude from automatic push.
- Each machine should be on its own line such as:
6. Press OK and the machine(s) listed will be excluded from having the client installed.