So you just got your brand new R740 and you bought the latest and greatest server. I mean this is the machine you have been waiting for it is specced out and decked out with the best hardware.
- You got the correct and fast SAS SSD drives that are type “n” so no issues with 4K drive format.
- You got the new H740P Raid Controller Card
- You got all the hardware level firmware updated
- You configured the local SSD drives into RAID 6
- You have a new slick looking iDrac HTML5 interface
- You installed the ESXi software onto the SD Cards
But… when your logged into ESXi and you go to add a datastore and try to select the virtual RAID disk you created earlier it is not showing up.
Download the Dell Customized ESXi 6.0 Update 3 A10 disc which includes the latest Dell Drivers. Once installed you will be able to view and add the datastore to the server.