Microsoft has announced they will be backporting several security features which are only available in Server 2019 into older Server operating systems. This will help unify and reduce feature fragmentation. I hope we will see Isolate capabilities soon too.
Requires: October 2021 Updates + New Unified Agent install
- Microsoft Defender Antivirus with Next-generation protections
- Attack Surface Reduction (ASR) rules (though already working on Server 2016)
- Network Protection
- Controlled Folder Access
- Improved detection capabilities
- Expanded response capabilities on devices and files
- EDR in Block Mode
- Live Response
- Automated Investigation and Response (AIR)
- Tamper Protection
- In addition, client changes/installation is being optimized for 2016 and 2012R2, and the MMA Agent is being retired.