- Firewall may be blocking connectivity
- DNS cannot be be resolved or old static entries exist (most common)
- Your library content scanner is wrong, e.g. you are using a Movie Scanner for TV Shows
Example of Issue:
Once you identified and fixed the issue you can issue a rescan of the metadata.
Here is how to force a rescan of metadata.
- Click on the desired content library
- Select the 3 vertical dots to the left of the content library heading
- Click on “Manage Library”
- Then select “Refresh All Metadata”
- If you fixed your issue, the metadata should download and update successfully. This process can take some time depending upon the amount of content you have.