During setup of HyperBackup or trying to perform actions in a third party application you may get the following error message: “No response from the destination server. Please check your network status and try again later.”
Here are some common causes of this issue, that I have seen.
- Backup configuration settings may not be correct (key, endpoint, list-all bucket permission missing)
- Firewall may be blocking connectivity
- DNS cannot be be resolved or old static entries exist
Here is how to check your Synology NAS for old DNS records.
- Open up the Control Panel
- Under Connectivity select “Network”
- Click on “Network Interface”
- Select the name of the network interface, mine is named “Bond 1”
- Select the IPv4 tab and then review your settings, specifically under “DNS Server”
If you are using a static IP and not leveraging a DHCP reservation make sure the DNS server is an active device and not an old entry.